Pages


Sunday, May 6, 2012

BOSSKUT GAZELLE QUILTING: EMS (EMERGENCY MUSIC SERVICES)


     EMS  (Emergency Music Services)

This is my most recent project. My sons have a friend that has a DJ service. The name of his business is EMS—Emergency Music Services. He asks me to create a table design for his DJ table. He came up with this design and what colors he wanted. He also wanted it to be shiny if possible.

I went shopping for fabric and ended up with some shiny fabric I had found at our local Wal-Mart. The shiny red and white are like a washable silk. The silver is actually spandex.  I ironed Heat n Bond on the back and used my Gazelle to cut it out. Now with Spandex you have to be careful because it really does not like heat. I only held the iron on it for a few seconds, just enough to get the heat and bond to stick. Too long, and it will damage the fabric and or melt it. It is really not to be meant to be ironed. But I had to try it anyway. It worked as you can see. It also can be washed on delicate and I would line dry this. All the fabrics I used said that on the tag. The black is a curtain he had purchased and wanted his insignia put on it. It too was tagged as delicate wash.







No comments:

Post a Comment